Thursday, April 14, 2011

My vocal debut! A Bob Dylan cover created on my iPod Touch 2G



Friends of mine were hired to create two commercials for EscapeMaker.com's Green Getaways Local Food and Travel Expo happening in Brooklyn, NY at the end of April.

One of the spots required a parody to be sung to the tune of Bob Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues". Knowing I enjoy creating music as a sideline, my friend provided me with new lyrics. Using my iPod 2G, my Akai Synthstation 25 keyboard and Xewton Music Studio, I created the backing track, which is pretty remarkable for a portable device.

Once everyone was happy with the arrangement, I copied the file to my low-end DAW software (Cakewalk Home Studio) on my equally low-end PC (and EeePc 901) in order to record the vocals using (you guessed it) a low end microphone I purchased at Best Buy.

I delivered the final track to my friends so that the song could be played back while the spot was filmed. All in all, I was very happy with the opportunity to provide the music for this fun spot!

1 comment:

Caylin said...

Fantastic job Pierre!! Caylin