Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Howling with PD Pro


I've been a long-time fan of a paint program that used to go by the name of Project Dogwaffle. Dogwaffle offered all sorts of fascinating brushes and effects, along with animation as well.

I left Dogwaffle aside quite a few years ago but recently picked up the most recent version, which is now called "PD Pro Howler", available at TheBest3D.com. The basic program is still there but it's been augmented with all sorts of new tricks, including new animated brushes called Orbicles.

Essentially, Orbicles are clusters of animated dots that move and swirl as you paint, creating a very nice paint brush bristle effect. I started fooling around with this feature tonight and quickly came up with this imaginary landscape.

I think PD Pro Howler and I will be spending a lot more time together over the next few weeks.

No comments: